Monday, December 19, 2005

redefining geekyness

Today I think I redefined all forms of geekyness.

This rather hot ex-employee was visiting the office and I wanted nothing more to get full view of him. So I decided to walk by him. But I chickened out and as he caught a glimpse of me, I decided to hide... behind a pillar no doubt. Jeez.

He then walked with one of my co-workers to my desk... as I bravely came out from behind a pillar and began to walk away as if nothing had happened. He called my name (prompted by the coworker) I was stunned. I walked up and we made small talk and then I asked him if he was told by these girls that I was drooling over his picture in the office party album. DUH. The co-worker had not mentioned anything of the sort, and merely told him that he should meet some on the new creative team members who've joined the agency. He mentioned something about being flattered or something like that...

I did not catch it, as I drowning in my own geek.

Anyway, I gave him my card and red-faced moved away from the area. I don't know why I got nervous like that... good looking men don't make me nervous! Normally, I would have handed over my card and said, call me sometime, we'll catch up...

Instead, I felt like a fool. I succeeded in Redefining Geekyness today.

Usually I am much more calm, and sophisticated in situations like this.

But hey, I was caught off guard... unprepared...
I was cornered...
Pillared, if you will...

Who am I kidding?

5 comments:

Queenmatrai said...

Ha ha...
It was quite a riot to be honest...LOL

But on another note stop getting tongue tied - most good lookin men can't string a sentance together ;)

LOL

Noojes

Slogan Murugan said...

Tongue tied Spaz. Now that's a first!

goldfluke said...

where's the next post?

The Grin Reaper said...

So you still keep giving out your business cards huh...I showed them to my friends. They think the cards really cool. I tell them, that they should meet the owner :)

Spazsim Chasm said...

Noojes,
next time warn me about these things in advance. By the way the comment of stringing sentences together (or lack there of) is it in direct reference to the hottie who tongue tied me? Daimn...

Vin,
if i had imagined him naked i would have fainted... i thought he was yummy hot!

Grin,
Thanks... you should hear some of the nice stuff i have said about you... Ask renee..;-))