Monday, January 30, 2006

twenty eight men saw my panties

This is the best part of advertising. You learn what headline will make your reader curious enough to want to go ahead and read your copy. No but really, twenty eight men did see my panties. That was no joke.

I went for a workshop for the weekend. It was called Jazzvertising. It basically combined and compared jazz as a school of music and advertising. There were three men conducting it, all of whom played instruments, and played them bloody well too. They made the whole weekend so interesting, I was thoroughly excited through out.

We left work at about four in the evening and we reached this business school (where the workshop was being held) at about eight thirty. This is not because it’s far, but because we kept stopping to eat, to pee, to drink and finally we got lost.

When we did find the place, we were taken from the main gate to the business school, about 2km away, on a bullock cart. No wait, a speeding psychotic bullock cart! It was awesome. They handed us keys to our rooms and a letter saying that they hoped that the next two days would be as invigorating as the ride on the manic cart. I hoped so too.

That night we made friends with some other people from other agencies and also with some of the students. We kinda were the only highly enthusiastic people around… But with me that is virtually always the case. We didn’t stay up too late, slept by 1am. This is because our letter also said that there would be an amazing geo-physiological event at precisely 8:58am the next morning, and it would be in our best interest not to miss it, especially since it happens once every seven odd years. Lies!

The next morning, I and my equally enthused colleagues woke bright and early. When nothing happened at 8:59, I knew it. The amazing phenomenon was that they managed to fool advertising professionals into getting up that early, when we don’t do it even to go for a client meeting.

The days were good, the food was yum and the nights were awesome. We had a bonfire and a weird chant that by the end of it sounded like a Christmas carol. I made some friends, I met some people. I did weird things, I sang, I played dog and the bone and I enacted a cheap Bollywood movie and a sleazy love scene (me and a guy making sounds and stomping on a wooden stage while taking off our jackets and throwing them at the audience)

Also, the whole workshop saw my panties. We had to get women’s panties as a prop for one of the exercises. The only other girl in my group had bad ones. So mine were flaunted and paraded. But they were yummy orange ones. So I didn’t mind much. All in all, the weekend was fun and I think it was a super and very much needed break from the crap going on at work and Bombay.

So, what pearls of wisdom did I take from the weekend? What advertising gems did I discover? What did I learn? I can honestly and very happily say:

Absolutely nothing.

13 comments:

± said...

Hey SC

If this blog was written like an ad, I’m an unsatisfied customer.
You had me hooked all right for most of the story, right up to the end.
Then you said they were orange!
Ooooofffff! How could you?

Though I’m happy you’ve been having fun  sounds good.

Spazsim Chasm said...

Heyyy what's wrong with orange panties??? At least i didn't take the yellow ones that say "Luscious".. or the pink ones that say "I'm Single"
:D

byker7 said...

There's nothing wrng with orange panties. Harjee's just making a fetching display of his pretensions to good taste. Or, revealing a long repressed puritanical streak. Either way, there's nothing wrong wih any panties, green furry ones, purple polka dotted noes, or white rexine ones, as long as they're not on when it conuts :p (my, that last bit was truly sexist.)

Queenmatrai said...

Today is lime green day for me :)

What colour are your panties today?

This could start a new trend ;)

-Noojes

byker7 said...

i was in this oh-so-silly mood this morning, so i picked out the black and tan nougahyde ones, with the sandpaper frills.

:) said...

orange is a happy colour!

Spazsim Chasm said...

Well today i was wearing the yellow ones with Luscious written on them... in protest of Harjee...
By the way, i do have a mauve furry one as well.. hahaa... Harjeeeeee i can just picture you cringing... ;)))

± said...

this is insane!
i mean how can you girls let lingerie be wasted like this?
your color theory seems to be missing a chapter of sensuality.
ever thought of black, red, blue, peach, grey, white...

SC- i'm sure Luscious looks good on them. just hope it's not written in Braille...

Queenmatrai said...

Today is Pinky Pink day for me....

Its matching my face :)

-Noojes

Spazsim Chasm said...

This is insane!! Today I bought one's with Mysterious written on the butt.. and i was thinkin about Harjee.. Listen guys we can't be buyin underwear and thinkin.. what will harjee say to this?!? I caught myself doing... Very embarrased..

Queenmatrai said...

Ha ha Today is Neon orange day with sparkles

Yum

-Noojes

± said...

with 'mysterious' stuff written on them, why not wear them above your jeans?

oooooooofffff! i can't handle this anymore.

im trying hard not to be nasty, but yes, you are pushing me babe...

byker7 said...

arrey what's the big deal? superman flaunts his red chaddis. do they make you squirm too?