Thursday, February 02, 2006

high hopes

I hope that this year is better than the last.
I hope that my work is good enough to get me a job somewhere.
I hope that I don’t die an old woman, surrounded by cats and poop.
I hope that if I do live with cats, I have lots of kitty litter to avert the stench of cat poop.
I hope that instead of cats, they are all puppies.
I hope that Sammy comes out ok.
I hope he remembers me.
I hope he is still the best graphic designer I know.
I hope my art partner is happy in her new agency.
I hope she misses me.
I hope that my ex’s new girlfriend treats him well and doesn’t hurt him.
I hope she is not prettier than me.
I hope my niece is a beautiful healthy baby girl.
I hope she looks like me.
I hope I don’t live to be a hundred.
I hope when I’m old I can still tie my shoelace and know where my home is.
I hope he likes me.
I hope he knows that when I say like, I mean love.
I hope I never run out of passion.
I hope if I do, I have someone who will rekindle it.
I hope Harjee doesn’t make a nasty comment about this post.
Actually, I secretly hope he does ;)
I hope I can afford my own home soon.
I hope that when I do, I get a little puppy.
I hope I never fight with my sisters about property.
I hope I never care about wealth more than them.
I hope I have enough wealth never to care about it.
I hope that some creative director reads this blog, loves it and offers me a job.
I hope his office is on Madison Avenue.
I hope I never stop writing.
I hope just cause this is a new post, the panty conversation doesn’t stop.
I hope that the thing they say about everyone having someone in the world is true.
I hope my boy is reading this.
I hope I never reach the stage where I don’t fit into my jeans.
I hope the friends that I care about, care about me equally.
I hope I get some soon.
I hope I always have enough money to shop.
I hope I never have enough bags.

I hope this wasn’t too boring.

15 comments:

Queenmatrai said...

Harjee,

I've said this on the previous post and I'll say it again

Today is neon orange with sparkles day :)

LOL

-Noojes

± said...

Hey….
I’ve never been nasty to you :-( so that dig on me passing a nasty comment is so not on. Rather I am not nasty to anyone unless I’m seeing them ;-)
Except when you talk about those horrendous panties. Even then, I merely state my opinion. So please do not malign my name like this.

Your hope irrespective, I would definitely like to end the panty conversation. Between adventure and taste, my idea of lingerie would be the latter. But please don’t be embarrassed if you thought of me while buying those ‘mysterious’ costumes. This morning when I was choosing between my Brooks Brothers whites or the Gap blues, I thought of you. Thought, I wish I could tell you and noojes and :) a thing or two about the beauty of simplicity. But then again… its your choice.

Well, as for the blog… it was not too boring. Rather not boring at all. Trust me. It touches me. A girl with such wonderful emotions really doesn’t deserve such a bad taste in lingerie. But alas…such is life. You can’t get everything.
I have just one thing to say. I have said it many times before and I say it again.

Anything that floats on hope deserves a chance. God always grants it.

Inshallah… you’ll get what you want.

And more (read better lingerie sense….god! please. This one is urgent!)

And I pray for Sammy. Hope he gets well soon. He’s lucky to have friends who love him so much. He should be up and enjoying all of that. Soon….trust me….soon.

Have fun…

Harjee

Ps: when you say “I hope I get some soon” – what exactly are you referring to ;-) ??

± said...

noojes - keep your victorias secret to yourself...

though with the colors and designs you guys are mentioning, i'm sure you all will be chased out of Old Bond Street!

Queenmatrai said...

Darling Harjee,

Thats where you are totally wrong...We'll be welcomed with open arms and uhm...well u figure out the rest...

-Noojes

± said...

I don’t want to.
Have anything to do with that outrageous color palette your girls are talking about!

Spazsim Chasm said...

Thanks for the prayers for Sammy.. It means a lot. Please keep praying.
And I promise, since you were very very sweet in your comments today, that i will not talk about my underwear anymore... One last time tho, I'm wearing red ones today.. that fits in to the "Harjee sensual colour chart" right?
And as for not getting any, what you think you thought i meant, thats exactly what i think i meant when i thought i'd share it.
Any volunteers??

± said...

SC-

1.I'm always sweet.
2.Red is perfect,though my fav is black.
3.sammy has all my prayers :-)
4.it's not that tough to get some
5. volunteers are for public service. make sure when someone gets some from you, he(or she) feels really lucky about it. else the plot is lost.

harjee

Queenmatrai said...

Still neon orange with sparkles...

;)

Noojes

:) said...

sc,

that was a lovely post.
i hope sammy gets well soon too.

and i hope u get some.

and i hope you continue wearing multi-coloured panties.

:)

byker7 said...

up with multi-coloured chuddies. No wait. wait. down with multi coloured chuddies. in fact, off with them. you know, i've heard of the leith police. and the cultural police. and the fashion police. and the regular police. but i've never ever heard of the chuddie police.

byker7 said...

noojes, sc, i have on this darling little pair made with genuine 100% polyester with barbed wire bouffants.

Queenmatrai said...

Hooray for the chuddie police...Next thing u know instead of half nekkid thursday (HNT) we'll be starting our very own Chuddie parade on blogging ;)

-Noojes

Spazsim Chasm said...

Noojes, I love the Chuddie Parade thought..
Byker you have some deadly underwear.. Barbed wire bouffants?? And last times were sand paper frills... I really am impressed. Teach Harjee something!! Take him undie shopping.. then Noojes, Happy and I will sneak up on you guys and force him into buyin a flattering pair of bikini tiger print thongs with faux fur embellishments... aaaaaahhhhhhhh

sapphiretowergirl said...

hello!
thank you for visiting me! i really loved reading your list of high hopes (i share many of them!). and, i also enjoyed the tales of panty mayhem. since i don't really know all you guys, i will certainly keep to myself my own penchant for all things, and underthings, orange ;)

and: if i were a creative director on madison, i would hire you in a second :)

meanwhile, all of you will have to let me know when you're all coming over for an alliterative -- yet tasty -- 'dinner in denver'!

Spazsim Chasm said...

Hey Sapphire, you don't need to know us to share, trust me.. It's a veritable free-for-all up in here.. Except Harjee ofcourse.
Thanks for the comment.. And come again ;))