Wednesday, January 11, 2006

yaayayayayayay

I love catholic weddings.

They have a certain energy and exuberance that other weddings don’t usually have. Everyone just gets into the celebration mood. It’s just pure fun.

So I went for a wedding this Sunday. I wore my sexy black Ramanika designer top and black pants. To me I looked alright, nothing special. But I must say.. Whatever I did, I was doing it right.. Cause I was raking in the compliments dahlings!! Yaayayayayayayayayaya!!!!

So I walked in and I found a old friend from college, so she took me straight to the dance floor and got me some wine. It was an indoor thing, so I was freezing in the air-conditioner. I walked with her to a group of guys and girls… I told her “Man, I am so cold!” someone behind me said... “No, you’re soo hot!”. I turned it was another old friend. We did the whole, “you-look-great, you’ve-lost-weight” thing.

Then his friend asked me to dance. I accepted. While on the dance floor, the brides uncle came up to me and said, “every time I see you, you look lovelier.” My dance partner asked if this was true. I said I wouldn’t know. He said he would have to find out for himself then. YAyayayayayay!!!

Anyway to add to this, we have this tradition where the girls circle the bride and she throws the bouquet, the girl who catches it is supposed to get married next. After this happens, the groom takes off his brides garter and throws it to the circling bachelors. The then girl that catches the flowers and the boy that catches the garter, dance on a slow mushy song.
I caught the bouquet. I was stunned.
When I caught it, one of the guys came up to me and said, "since you caught it I am going to join the bachelors!" Yayyayayaayyaaa!!
Long story short, some weird guy caught it and as soon as he was told he has to dance with me he told me he was engaged and so I led him to his fiancé and made her dance with him.

Some guy asked me to dance and as I was dancing, this other guy who was also dancing, from over his partners head (these boys have guts) mouthed the words, “you have beautiful eyes!” Flattered, I mouthed “thank you”. Then the same guy, deposited off his partner at the table and asked me to dance. Super! Yayaayayayayyayayayayaaa!!

So essentially my night was made because I was surrounded by very cute, single and Catholic boys ;-)) this does not often happen. Plus I was flattered more than once with compliments I don’t often receive.

I think I have exhausted my quota of compliments for the year 2006. So maybe the rest of the year I have to make do with thoughts of the compliments at this catholic wedding.

But damn. What a night. yayayayayayya!!

4 comments:

:) said...

hey

i just attending a wedding and got quite a bit of attention meself. yayayayaya!

know how u feel.

have fun
:)

:) said...

i mean attended

Queenmatrai said...

yayayayayaya...I love it when life is good...

Spazsim Chasm said...

This could catch on bigtime.. yell it wit me gurls...
yayayayaayayayayayayayaaaayayay

;)

me