Thursday, August 03, 2006

very very very

It was my birthday on the 31st of July and thanks to some good planning and timing I was with my whole family after about 6 years celebrating my 25th
My sister who stays in Georgia (where I am now) organized a sort of a dinner party for me and called some of her friends. Very fun.

The next day we drove up to Cleveland in Georgia, the home of the Cabbage Patch Doll. We visited the Babyland General Hospital which is a museum of these incredible dolls. About every half hour or so, a new little baby cabbage patch is born – I saw two deliveries. They do it so cutely saying things like “Mother cabbage is dilated ten leaves but she needs a shot of TLC”. Very cute.

We then went to Helen and walked up to the Anna Ruby Falls. My little niece was fascinated with all the water, she was cooing at the trees and the gushing water. Everything was so green and beautiful. Very lush.

My eldest sister her friend, Henrick and took us to downtown Athens to a bar called 283. I had two large Cosmopolitans. They were also having a Ms Pacman contest. We then moved to Allgood lounge where we had two more Cosmopolitans. I also miraculously beat Henrick at pool. And he didn’t even suck… he was actually good. But I beat him anyway. I’m so proud. Very happy.

Today we went to Stone Mountain National Park for a laser show they do on the mountain to some pop music. But as we reached there (it was one and a half hour away) a storm began in a big way. So it was cancelled. Waste of a long journey but I guess it was good that we saw the giant rock mountain. Very cool.

It’s now about midnight and I have just finished my corn dog dinner. Very tired.

Good night

8 comments:

Queenmatrai said...

A very happy birthday to Spaz :)
Sounds like you are having a fabulous time...
Hopefuly me off to NYC soon
We'll swap stories then

Mwah
Noojes

Jerrster said...

yes I'm late....but Happy Birthday spaz!!! I was just thinking if I said that exact thing to anyone else I'd get my face slapped...and then my glasses go flying across the room it's not pretty.

Spazsim Chasm said...

Awww thanks jerry!!
Please feel free to post a nice gift.. ;)
You too Noojes .. while your shopping at Guess and all ;))))

will post soon
lova lova
spazu

Nikhil said...

Have you met Jehangir yet? And pray, tell me why do you call yourself SPAZU? As if spaz isn't weird enough.

Spazsim Chasm said...

ahhh.. egg head your one to talk.
Well i am supposed to meet him when i get back to NYC. He didnt meet me last time cause i was with his teacher and i think he was afraid he'd get spanked a la second grade...
Will tell you if i do meet him.. god you act like his possessive girlfriend.. Jeeeeeeezzz

;)

Nikhil said...

My two friends of old meet each other. Is that something to be joyous about?

Nikhil said...

I meant: Is that not something to be joyous about?

Aren't my rhetorical questions a pleasure to read? do note that you are not supposed to answer either; the questions are rhetorical.

Scritch said...

I don't buy it. Who is ever happy with friends meet each other? you just get edged out eventually. and they run off and meet without you. then you sulk and eat worms.
hey Spaz Huppy Burpday. nice not the have the bday blues. I'm very jealous about the cabbage patch doll thing. When I was 8 in the US i stayed with this kid who had a cabbage patch doll that burped when you squeezed its back. I have been filled with envy ever since.

you have sadly missed all the blog meltdown excitement, but the dust has since settled and I have resurrected it. or possibly reincarnated it. http://tellmepanic.blogspot.com/