Friday, February 03, 2006

blah and double blah

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yea sure it does. Is that the reason I haven’t received an e-mail for almost two and a half days now? Yea I’m counting. Pathetic isn’t it? Well, welcome to my world.

I’m sure we have all pined and hoped and prayed for something. I’m sure we were all, at one time, willing to give it all up, trade it all, just to prove to someone how much we cared. And if we did, we probably spend our days regretting and blaming and finger-pointing. If we didn’t, we spend our days wondering what if?

It’s wrong to expect too much from anyone. I know that. But inevitably I do. I believe that if I give, I should get back. I believe that if I love, it should be reciprocated. Yea, it’s naivety at its best. It’s wishful thinking. It’s just plain romanticism.

I’m being nice. It’s stupidity. Out of sight is out of mind. Who ever wrote these damn proverbs wanted to cover all sides of the story. So in every situation you could chose which was more appropriate. Like Too many cooks spoil the broth, but many hands make light work? Stupidity!

Anyway, in this case there is no choice.
Out of sight is out of mind. That explains a whole lot. Doesn’t it?

Blah.

Wake me up when the heart break ends.

4 comments:

byker7 said...

you know, men have this dandy handbook that's full of pithy sayings too. only ours are - well - more 'manly'. for example, in this situation, an apt saying (by the book) would be "absence makes the hand go fondle."
sounds like you got the blues. hope an off colour joke helped a little.

± said...

Stay awake.
If he felt the same way as you did, he’ll call. Or mail.
Else you come out of it a lot wiser.
Out of sight is NOT out of mind. I agree with you.
Because the people who mostly occupy our mind space, are out of sight.
The ones that are within sight, and close, are a part of us already. They deal directly with the heart.
The rest, are filtered through the mind.
And don’t worry. Someone who is capable of loving, will always get love.
Sooner or later.
And there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. Sometimes the answer is NO.

If he calls, I’ll be happy for you. But don’t wait.
He walked into the relationship with his options open. I suggest you do the same. Love is multiple target hunting. Single target shooting :-)
Cheer up, and stay awake. And keep smiling.
You never know who you would meet next…
And a good smile, almost always does the trick…

Spazsim Chasm said...

Awwww... i love you guys!!!
He hasn't called yet. It's Sunday. I'm not counting anymore.
Thanks to Byker and Harjee, i'm smiling..
AND wearing white and pink ones with 'mysterious' written on them... ;)))) i had ta do it..

goldfluke said...

someone smwhere said that we come to each others lives for a reason and once that is done, we leave...

that he enriched your life as much as he did when he was here is what u shld be celebrating...

but then when has sense prevailed in the matters of the heart...

btw my coolest song to hurt with is 'missing' by everything but the girl... gauranteed pain...

take care of you dudess...