Sunday, February 12, 2006

cool beans

I have had just three hours of sleep. But I have not felt this energetic and happy for a long time. Early Sunday morning, the 12th of February, 2006, I became a very proud aunt.

She is seventeen inches long. She weighs five pounds and six ounces. And she’s got curly hair. She is a month early. So she is tiny. We don’t know her name yet. But I’m sure it will be a pretty one.

I know she will be a cool kid. After all, she is related to me. Yeah baby!

Yesterday I went for an office terrace pot-luck party (that would explain the three hours of sleep). The place was in the middle of Dadar, but you’d never know. It was so gorgeous. The perfect party place. We danced, I learned how to salsa a bit. I must admit I am quite good.

We sang. I played the guitar. I sang in public, this is the second time this year. I’m getting quite bold really. But I was damn good. I got an applause and all. I was told I should join a band, and train my voice. May be it was the vodka talking. But hey, I was good and I know it. I bonded with some work girls. A big thing for me, cause I don’t really get along with women. In fact, I kinda enjoyed it. The whole girly talk thing. Maybe it was the vodka talking. Again.

It was a good weekend. After eight months of anticipation, my little beanie is finally born. We called her beanie because she looked like a little kidney bean in her first sonography picture.

So for now she is called Beanie.

Happy Birthday Beanie ;)

5 comments:

Queenmatrai said...

Congratulations and celebrations...

Looks like this calls for another

"yayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya"

And welcome to world beanie ;)

-Noojes

Spazsim Chasm said...

You bet!!! yaayyaayayayayyaayyayayayayayayaa

± said...

beanie ko uske "happy birthday to you" ki many happy returns bahut bahut mubarak ho.

± said...

beanie ko uske "happy birthday to you" ki many happy returns bahut bahut mubarak ho.

sapphiretowergirl said...

congratulations on the new baby bean!

you know, it is a bit strange: after reading noojes and harjee on memories of childhood, and now your post on new baby energy, i have just now had about 80 (i am not making this up) kids file past my window on some sort of chant-march thing... i could not make out what they were saying (though i did get a great photo!), but i'd like to believe they were saying the following: "life, love, joy, and the between; the time for play is here." :)

(as for deadly sin: i guess i'd have to go with lust too -- although i must say that i don't know who Fredrik Ljungberg is; feel free to send me to a link to help me out -- preferably a link to a site that best evidences his loveli-lusti-ness) :)