Sunday, October 15, 2006

qwerty and happy

I just downloaded the original Pac man game onto my home PC.

It’s quite a fun game really, it succeeds in getting the heart pumping and the energies flowing even on those particularly boring Sunday afternoons. But there in lies the rub, I cannot play it to save my life. And I have just realized why. I’m too neat. I have to eat all the little green globules in one area before I even think of moving to the next, which makes me inevitably have a fatal encounter with Blinky, Pinky, Inky or Clyde, that much more often.

Which explains why I have passed the ‘qwerty’ level and just barely made it to the ‘happiness’ level (ironic isn’t it? That this is in a game and not in real life?)

The masters of Pac man play a messy game, random green globs left for no reason lying around at every level, blinking strawberries and twirling cherries – the ones that I foolishly go back for even though Clyde is at my tail.

I realize have a lot of these little stupid things that I just have to do. Another one is eating French fries. I just have to eat two or three at a time. This makes sharing a pack with me very awkward for the sharer. If I am eating a fried egg, I have to break open the yolk and smudge it around the whole egg so every part has the yellow. I feel the need to brush my teeth in front of a mirror. I have to squeal while I stretch in the morning; a stretch without a squeal is no stretch at all. I have to put my alarm for half an hour before I actually need to wake up – this is my snooze time. I have to fold my underwear, not necessarily my clothes. I won’t even begin to get into the quirks I have with my arch-rivals, the ant world.

I’m rambling again. There, that’s one more thing I do. Ramble on when no one really cares to know what I do with my underwear and my fried eggs, in all honesty. I think I should go and master the art of Pac man now. Or maybe I should just give up and shoot some men instead.

In a game, not in real life.

As much fun as the latter sounds right now.

The way my life is going, I think I'm still at the ‘qwerty’ level.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post. It's interesting the manner in which you've stretched pacman to real life.

Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Be happy with qwerty. What are the other options? asdfgh? zxcvbn (hint: look at your keyboard)? Point being that things will always seem cryptic - until you're IN them. That's when they clear out. So there's no point looking forward/behind/aside. Be content with what you have.

And I think I've done enough preaching for the day.

By the way, the time's all messed up. Please go to your posting options and make it +5.5 GMT. I wrote this at 2:39 a.m. for the record.

Ajeya said...

hey! dropping in after a loonnggg time. caught up on a few posts. nice to see you're posting sort of regularly. and yeah, the qwerty level kinda sucks

The Grin Reaper said...

Hi. I found your site after a long time. I promise to be a regular visitor again. Not only out of loyalty to you, but because its always so fun to read. Si-mo-ne's diary :)
Also its just about a year since you first begun this. Happy bday...blog

Anonymous said...

what is the qwerty level?

Nautilus said...

Feeling nostalgic about the months wasted playing pac-man before exams...*sigh* Those were the days!

Don't we all have some embarassing quirk or the other? :-)

Spazsim Chasm said...

Egg... As always your compliments flatter :)
Ajeya... Thanks for stopping by...
Grin... It's all because of you and all, thanks for the birthday wishes
Questioner: if you don't know, you're not there yet!!!
Naut.. yes we do.

Anonymous said...

ur post sure did make me smile :-)

and yes, a strech with no squeal aint a strech, I second tat. :-)

cheers

me