Friday, October 13, 2006

double 'C' theory

I’m PMS-ing. There. I admit it.

My mood-swings, cravings and over-emotional behavior today has finally been justified. I almost cried several times today, once when I was really happy and once when I was really sad. Then some childish boy in my office threw something hard at my neck and that gave me an excuse to run into the ladies room and cry. That’s one indication of PMS.

The second was in the evening when I ate an entire bar of milk chocolate and then almost immediately ate bread dipped in really spicy chutney.

The third was when this sweet guy in my office asked me what was up with my life. Instead of smiling and saying everything was fine, I unleashed a bevy of reasons about why I am so incredibly depressed. I even told him that there was nothing wrong with me, and that I do not want to merely have fun any more, and I deserve a boyfriend.

At which point he said something that stumped me. He called it the ‘Double C Theory’

He said that the way men see me now is like this funny, sweet, bubbly little, ‘one-of-the-boys’ girl, which is all really good according to him. But if I want to snag one of the said men, I have to suddenly, when he least expects it, turn on the ‘Coy’ woman act.

Apparently what men like is this outward extrovert, but a closeted introvert. I found this most interesting. That is my key to snagging me a man. But this is just according to one guy. There are a million guys who probably like the opposite, right?

Oh, but the other ‘C’ is ‘cleavage’. According to him, you should show a little cleavage and be coy at the same time.

That would work, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleavage and Coyness, can seem like Cleavage and disinterest, or cleavage and snobbiness, or clevage and bread. Cleavage will attract all guys coyness will attract only some, be careful what u attract for if someone errs in thinking that cleavage is bread then he most definately CRAZY.

Queenmatrai said...

Oooh Cleavage eh...I'm gonna try that...and which "BOY" was this again?

noojes

Spazsim Chasm said...

Never you mind Noojes!!

And Snagger Jones: thou art my new guru... I truly love thee..

Scritch said...

I don't think coyness or cleavage is the way to go.

Cleavage is like caviar, eaten occasionally its a delicacy, get it all it time it starts to taste like a bunch of fish eggs.

But I have a friend who's flirtation technique is flawless.

Her 3 killer steps:

a. the hair toss: flip hair from the shoulder without using your hands
b. applying lip gloss: [do it gracefully with one of those applying brushes] and then bite your lips
c. VERY IMPORTANT: batting of the eyes. look down then look up without raising your chin.

it may all sound cheesy but i've seen it floor a fairy. trust me.





I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I've never even had caviar. nor have i ever tried any of the above 3 steps.

a. i have crappy hair
b. i bite my lips in a neurotic nervous way as opposed to sexy
c. I'm too blind to bat my eyes effectively.

this comment has deeply depressed me now.

I think I shall just stick with cleavage.