Saturday, October 29, 2005

glutton for punishment

Does anyone know what a Glutton for punishment is?

It signifies someone who is soo into being hurt they almost crave for it. And not physically hurt.. emotionally. Yea sure, who is dumb enough to want that right? If anything people run far away from being hurt...

I might be one..
Because I cannot distance myself from being treated badly. Especially by the opposite sex. My friends tell me that i should ignore people when they begin to be rude and just not worth it. But I tend to ignore the fatal attempts from my poor friends to save me from hurting myself. Now, is that not what you call a glutton for punishment?

I give you an example. There is a guy, he is older than me, five years infact. I thought i liked him alot. We went out a couple of times, we had a gooood time. The first time we were out we were out till about 5am, talking. I thought, finally.. after a year of being single.. here is a guy that I can talk to.. and he is not weird... and he has no baggage... man, I could not have been furthur from reality.

(I usually judge people pretty well, and I am kinda like.. 'hell if you don't like me you don't know what your missin fool.. ')

Anyway, long story short, he was weird and had alot of baggage.. and i mean baggage that he had for 12 years and was going to marry until the baggage got engaged to someone else.. Now, obviously the baggage did not like him anymore... But he was still trying to 'break it up' (how bollywood can we get?) He tried and failed and tried again (who's the glutton now?)
Anyway, the wedding was what messed everything up.

Up until the time he was here he was fine, then he went away for the wedding. He came back and was all 'i need space' and 'what do you want from me?' and one line messages.
Any smart woman would tell his asshole to piss off. And I did that.. for a week. And then i messaged him, thinking he'd have cooled down and calmed his head by now... he replyed curtly and that was that. I messaged again. Nothing.

Somewhere I knew that he wasn't going to reply to the second message. But i did it anyway. And i knew i would get all hurt by it. But instead of avoiding it i went straight towards it. So conclusion is that I am a glutton for punishment.. right? errmmm

This is what's even worse.. i didn't like him that much anyway... It's not me. It's my ego that is hurt. It's not like I am crying about things not working. Or that I am blaming myself for anything. I thought I liked him. Hell, how many people have made that mistake in their lives?!?

Reality is that the first time i met him i knew... he is so NOT the one.

Yea I am a smart little chicky ain't I?

But i still choose to give him that importance.. that ability to tell me to get a grip...
So what's the use of me not feeling anything for this fool...
When i have allowed him the pleasure of thinking he has broken another heart... namely mine.

No comments: