Sunday, May 31, 2009

dear you

Dear H, I’m not sure why I liked you at all—we were so different. I guess it was because you were so quiet and unassuming, and the dimple didn’t hurt either. You were my first kiss, but not my first love. I should have known better at the time, instead of waiting for you to be the one to break up with me.

Dear L, I remember how much we laughed on the steps to my building. I remember all the crazy things you’d do and how much you made fun of my weirdness. I should have known better—you were a better friend than a boyfriend.

Dear B, I liked you a lot. Too much for my own good I think. And unfortunately, when I do that I stop seeing clearly. I wasted so many tears on you. And looking back now, I realise you are a self-centred, juvenile, nauseating piece of dog crap.
And I really, really, really should have known better.

Dear F, I have only good things to say about you. You truly were my first love. I would have, and still will do anything for you. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever get together again, and then I remember why we broke up in the first place.
I should know better.

Dear A, you were never really a ‘boyfriend’ but I thought I’d add you just to tell you how much I despise you. You have the personality of a slug and the only thing that is remotely attractive about you is your money…Unfortunately I am not materialistic. I did know better.

Dear T, you were everything I have ever wanted. When I looked at you I saw my future and I got lost in it, instead of seriously thinking about the present. It’s because of you that I know what true love feels like. I still miss you even though I wasn’t the one to let you go. It will take some time to forget that feeling I had when you were next to me. I thought it would last forever.

Next time I’ll know better.


Inspired by Alanis Morrisette ‘Unsent’ but not half as well written

8 comments:

agent green glass said...

dear s

in the words of jonny cash:

Love is a burning thing
and it makes a fiery ring
bound by wild desire
i fell into the ring of fire

i fell into the ring of fire
i went down, down, down
and the flames went higher

and it burns, burns, burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire

in the more mundane words of agent green glass:

1. next time you will know better
2. the men were not only blind, they were also fooking idiots of the higest order.
3. time. yup, just give it time...and you'll come through.

Spazsim Chasm said...

ahhh johnny cash was cool.
I love walk the line... it's very real...

And thank you for your words too. They are far from mundane.

Roy said...

@agent: !@#hey$! we have our own line of thought which seems logical from where we stand.

Spazsim Chasm said...

@ Roy, agent was referring to the men to who i have addressed this post... i don't think the agent meant that all men were "blind, fooking idiots"

And if men want to define their selfish, immature actions as 'logical' then i'm sorry to say you apes have a longgg way to evolution...

Revati Upadhya said...

:) i love the male bashing happening here. i think its good to let out some steam every now and then.

Vee said...

Very inspiring! I need to e-write to Dear W...might help!

taikun said...

Your blog reminds me how good my life reallly is!

Spazsim Chasm said...

taikun...

good to know i'm helping someone. that's the reason i do it after all, to know that people like you take pleasure in my sad, sad life.

thank you for the compliment