Monday, January 08, 2007

happy frikkin' 2007

Remember how I was hoping and praying that this year was as good as 2006 and not as completely awful as 2005?

I'm guessing the hopes and prayers didn’t quite work out.

My car was stolen today.

Four years we parked our red Hyundai Accent at that spot next to the train station, and today when my dad got back from the train, it was gone.

It was bought as a surprise for my sisters when they came down from the states. It was a beautiful red, which my mum and I chose, as opposed to an old-fogey silver model. The music system was a swanky one – something my dad wanted to splurge on, ‘because we all like music on the road, especially me – he got those ones with a remote so I could DJ from the back seat.

Dad just got back from sitting at the police station for almost three hours filing a FIR, so he can give it to the insurance company. If we don’t get the car back, at least we get the money. It’s naïve to even think we will get the car back in one piece – especially in this country.

Anyway, it’s been a lousy day.

Hopefully this run of crap will not continue. Hopefully the rest of the year is better and brighter. Hopefully the insurance covers us. Hopefully my mum and dad are not too upset over this thing.

Hopefully the testicles of the asshole that stole my car, fall off.

1 comment:

Queenmatrai said...

OH NO thats awful...

Hope you find it and him!