Thursday, January 18, 2007

FW:

I've realised that I’m too messed up to be in any sort of relationship. One needs to have a lot of patience and time to even consider me as a “better half”. I’m demanding, possessive and a tad insecure. And if one gives me reason to be any of the above in excess – God help them.

I’ve decided this, whatever I am so called into, vis-à-vis my previous post, isn’t a major relationship – I’m talking long term. Cause if it were one would try and calm me down about issues I have with stick figures.

I’m treating this undefined thing, like a fling. I like flings. I am good at flings. I’m old enough to have a couple of flings. And if I define it like a fling – I become less messed up in my head. This is a good thing. It’s psychology.

I’ve realised I am the jealous type. And the more I try and hide it, the more it eats me up inside. So if I have murderous feelings towards more than one woman – I’m going to show it. So the man in question better deal.

I’ve realised that it is in my best interest to keep myself happy and free of stress. And if that means I am never getting married, having a relationship and a family and ending up living alone with cats and a bitter disposition, so be it.

I have concluded that I am an attractive woman. As Maya Angelou would put it, a phenomenal woman, and if I am to emanate this belief, I have to believe it first.

Lastly I have realised that this post is turning out to be one of those “I’ve realised” forwards that circulate the net. So I’m going to stop.

12 comments:

Spazsim Chasm said...

This is the Maya Angelou thing i was talking of : http://www.feminist.com/resources/artspeech/insp/maya.htm

Please do not make assumptions about me just by reading the links name - i am no feminist :(

Queenmatrai said...

Darling just remember, you are fabulous and phenomenal :)

Noojes

:) said...

spaz!

long time! sorry to hear about your car. and glad to hear about the boy friend.

stop freaking out. and enjoy it for what it is...

love

Spazsim Chasm said...

Happpyyy!!! yay.. where have you been ??
Thanks for the wishes - gonna go to you're page now :)

Jerrster said...

I feel silly wishing you a Happy New Year...but where have we been?

Anonymous said...

Why are women so anxious to prove that they aren't feminists?

Anonymous said...

I read a quote once that really struck a chord...
Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. ~ Arthur Miller.

Spazsim Chasm said...

Thanks wiseling. That did strike a chord. Really. Thanks.

wiseling said...

Anytime...I'm pretty much a walking quote book :) And thanks for stopping by.. I'm relatively new to the blogsphere and so any opinions and comments are appreciated...

wiseling said...

If there's one thing that I've learned (from the good times and the bad) it is that relying on anyone else for your happiness isn't going to take you anywhere... You can only begin to love other people once you can love yourself.. and when people see that you do love and value yourself, they can do nothing but respect you for it, because it's not easy.. (by nature, we are imperfect and cynical.)
so yeah, love yourself, rely on yourself, and hey! if he doesn't appreciate you for what and who you are, he's the one missing out.. don't ever compromise yourself for anyone else, it's not worth it.. I know this sounds insanely selfish, but you've gotta be your own first love. and the happiness will follow.. ( i find it amusing that this is really how i do feel when my blog is wrought with cynicism, contradictions and a whole lot of wallowing... :D)oh well!

wiseling said...

oh, and congratulations on the good night and the positive vibes! :D

wiseling said...

it's me again.. (oh, joy!)
i was actually looking for some constructive advice, and since youre a copywriter and all that cool stuff... (wiseling= jealous-in-a-good-way) you're it!
i have a project for my graphic design class, and all he gave us was a word (we all have different words - mine is sense..) and said go make images...
any (life-saving) thoughts?