Friday, September 15, 2006

myrmecophobia-ish

I may have it.

How else would you explain the screaming and the paranoia that “they’re on me”?

I have a couple of incidents that probably caused it. The first was in junior school when I stepped into a hill and they were all over me. And they were running up my legs and two boys from my class (both who liked me) were frantically trying to “rub” them off my legs and thighs. Then one of them tried to carry me to class. And I wouldn’t have it, instead I escaped running with them, still all over me, to the girl’s toilet to wash them off.

Another time was when I was in college. We were at a picnic and I was drinking something, with a cola in it. And I put the glass on the ledge of the balcony while I was talking to this friend. About five minutes later, I picked it up, without looking and put it towards my mouth. And then, through the corner of my eye, I could see movement in my glass. They entered my glass, swimming in my drink, thousands of them, now running up my hand out of the glass.

This morning, I had a nice bath. Clean and feeling pretty I grabbed my hot pink towel and wrapped it around me. And I felt a little bite on my arm. I saw one and screamed. I immediately took of the towel and saw about 35 of them all over my upper body. I quickly turned on the shower again and frantically washed them off me. And asked for another towel to be passed to me.

I heard a story about one falling into a girl’s eye from a tree and it bit her eye ball and got stuck. I have also seen a flying one. That’s right, people… the source of my paranoia now has wings. All the better to “get me” with.

I abhor them anywhere close to me. I think about them and my skin crawls, I feel a shiver and scratch the back of my neck, and rub my arms. If there is just one of them, I’m fine and I feel power as I crush it. But there is never only one. They move in large swarms.

There was even an animated film on them. Apparently it was very “cute”. I cannot bring myself to watch it. The name of the film creeps me out. My skin crawls, I feel a shiver and scratch the back of my neck, and rub my arms, again.

They’re ants. By the way.

Shudder.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are planning our next attack at 14:00 hrs, please you misunderstand us all we want to do is BITE YOU ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE CRAZY

Anonymous said...

apparently I have the same issue with women who don't want to get into my pants.

Spazsim Chasm said...

Antler... it is NOT funny...I have no qualms in burning the lot of you.. drowning you in a pool of soapy water or stomping on you until you are un unrecognisable nothing smuge on the ground...Shiverrr...

Egg... You do? Oh ya - it's called the FIVE YEAR ITCH.. Any anger.

Queenmatrai said...

Black or red?

Spazsim Chasm said...

Noojes - RED!!!!!!

Oh and this is Crazy - I entered my car today and i had like some cheese with me (don't ask why) and i put it by the seat, when i looked at it later to take it our of the car.. RED ANTS AGAIN...EVERYWHERE...some on me.. most on the cheese... i hate them!!! HATEEE!!

Spazsim Chasm said...

ok if you meant what ants am i afraid of - it's both.. all... every colour, species and family. ALL.

:) said...

everyone's got to face their fears at some point.

Jerrster said...

wow I'm gald you clarified just what they were...I was thinking it was some kind of crazy strange India thing I'd never heard of...but ants....ick I hate ants.

sinusoidally said...

I guessed it was ants by the time I was reading about the cola glass. It sure did make me creepy...ants uuuuh.

Scritch said...

If you eat them its a very good source of calcium.
Thats why I have such strong bones.
And they taste good in salads too. very crunchy.