Thursday, May 04, 2006

jinxed cloud of crap

Things have been actually going well for me. I hate to say it because I have this acute fear that everything good will eventually blow up in my face, or, to put it crudely, I anticipate the sh*t hitting the fan, before it actually does.

Unlike most people who look for the silver lining behind a dark cloud, I lookfor the dark cloud behind the rainbow. Am I a cynic? Probably. But it's better to be warned than not, don't you think?
This year alone has been great. I made a decision not to quit my job, and I patiently looked for the dark cloud, but nothing. Nothing but sunshine.

My first meeting with my new group I cracked a film idea that went to the clientand it got through in one shot, so my ad film is going to be made in the next month or so. My boss took me aside and told me that I have great potential and he is quite pleased with the quality of work coming from me.

I have been to Goa twice in one year. This is always a good thing. And the second time I was in Goa I got a call from my ex art partner telling me that I won a silver advertising award at the AAAI ad festival. There I was, standing onthe white sands of Palolem beach at 2:30am, screaming in disbelief on my mobile phone. Sure, it's not a huge award, but it is something. I will go on to bigger and better soon enough. Maybe a Cannes Lion, maybe a Gold Pencil. Maybe.

I'll tell you what this does for me. My agency was so hell bent on not letting me quit my job. They promoted me, they gave me more money and they gave me opportunity. Now I have shown them, that it was all worth it. I'm worth it.

What is also great is that I might meet Chicago boy again in June. Then maybe again in August or September. I haven't met him in 14 years, but yea, three times in one year is a just that possible.

I'm also going to be with my family on my birthday. My whole family. For the first time in almost 7 years I will have all the people I love in one room. It makes me want to cry. Out of joy of course, not because they smell or anything. Giggle.

Sunshine continues, and maybe instead of enjoying it I'm keeping one eye on the now-stationary sh*t.

Waiting for it to rise up and do the inevitable.

Hit the fan. Sh*t.

5 comments:

Jerrster said...

OK I might have been a bit hard on you about not posting....There is nothing better than reading about GOOD news....congratulations on the Awaurd and the AD film. c'mon the fan isn't even running yet...you've got time to have some fun.

Queenmatrai said...

You forgot one thing

yayayayayayayayayayayaya

noojes

Spazsim Chasm said...

oh yea..
yayayayayaayayayayayay
What would i do without a noojes alarm..
;)

goldfluke said...

what are you talking about? has anybody given you one tight slap?

stop living in anticipation of the future...

you are on a roll, woman, why in the name of god almighty are you looking for dark lining in silver cloud?

can we at least agree that the only reality is now and the rest are just mind constructs: then why let a mind construct ruin a prefectly great time?

stay in the sundshine dudess

aakriti said...

Wow! That sounds like one incredibly, too-good-to-be-true year to me!

Lady, i don't see no dark cloud. All i see is excessive sunshine. Bask in it while it lasts.