Monday, May 22, 2006

die with a 't'

That’s what a diet means to me.

And since I have started gyming in a big way (it’s been two weeks, thank you very much) I have actually been watching what I eat. No carbohydrates in the night, no colas, no aerated drinks and no desserts.

Things were going so well. Until I chanced upon hell’s own little shop of temptation. I was eating a nice tossed salad at a restaurant on Sunday evening with a friend. The dressing was low fat and all it had was lettuce, olives, peppers and tomatoes – all things right and good. We left, me, feeling very satisfied that I kept to the regime.

Dee, my friend, wanted some dessert so we popped over to the next spot. I vowed that no matter what happened I was not going to touch anything sweet.

The place is called Amore. (When the moon hits your eye like a big scoop of yum that’s Amore!) People were pouring out of it like it was a fast train to Virar. Millions of hands reaching with money to the counter. Millions of little spoons with minute amounts of gelato and sorbets in them. Millions of drooling people flocked the counter.

I nudged my way to the front of the crowd following Dee. And then I fell in love.

Beyond the lightly frosted glass display was creamy heaven. Tiramisu, Belgian chocolate and Baileys gelatos, hand-made waffle cones and Kiwi, Fresh Strawberry sorbets.

I clutched Dee’s arm in a panic. Suddenly I was in Diet’s Garden of Eden and a luscious, big, red, juicy apple stood before me, tempting me. My mind swirled in a beautiful gooey chocolate frenzy, and I was abruptly shoved out of it by a heavy man in a green shirt asking for a taste of the Blueberry Cheesecake Gelato.

I don’t know what came over me next. Everything went into slow motion. I reached into my bag for money and whispered to the man to give me a cup of the Belgian chocolate gelato. And as he passed it to me I could feel my tongue licking my lips.

I took a little portion in the mini plastic spoon and I allowed the sin to melt in my mouth. I took a bigger portion and allowed it to slowly slip down my throat. I closed my eyes and I got lost in cold, delicious, creamy pleasure.

Before I knew it, the little cup was clean. And I sat there, spent, sinned and satisfied.

I have decided to stick to my diet. But on occasion, I am going to indulge in life’s big pleasure, cause I now know, that happiness comes in waffle cone, or a paper cup - that’s entirely up to you.

6 comments:

Jerrster said...

my gosh Spaz...you make eating gelato sound so erotic...hmmmm wonder if I can find an Amore somewhere around here?

Queenmatrai said...

We gotta go we gotta go NOW NOW NOW

noojes

± said...

hmm...reminds me of a bangalore speciality... 'Death by Chocolate'

and trust me, it is oh...so...yummmmmmmmmy! and your post ensured that i eat it last night...

i see that i wont fit into 'those jeans' for atleast a month...

Spazsim Chasm said...

Harjee - Damn... I'd trade in all my tight jeans for loose PJ's if i could only live on those gelatos!!!!
Noojes - We will go sooooon for sure.
GSpace - I tell you - I didn't call it die with a t for nothing!!

± said...

next time i'm in bombay, you're taking me there...

Spazsim Chasm said...

it's a date, for sure!