Saturday, April 08, 2006

stud guru

I feel awakened. I think I am close to reaching this personal nirvana. No, I am not going to publish an art of living book, self help, I'm ok, you're ok book. Trust me. Not yet anyway.

All I am saying is that I am beginning to actually appreciate my life to the fullest. I'm doing things I would have never normally done, or just shrugged off as a stupid idea. There are some thoughts that are beginning to consume my mind, thoughts like: life is too short for us to be sitting around on our arses waiting for our lives to get better. Or for some excitement to miraculously fall into our laps. It ain't gonna happen, folks.

I know, I'm beginning to sound like some sort of born-again, freak guru. Bear with me, I'm certain this is going somewhere. So almost a week ago, last Monday, I did something very unlike me. I was passing a jewellery shop and I stopped to see some thing in the window. I'm not sure what I asked the salesman, or where the conversation went, but in a flash I was getting a second ear piercing in my right ear.

Yea, so to most people this is not something completely outrageous, but for me, it is. I'm the kind of person who would be tempted, but then tell the salesman that I would "come back later for sure".

And the whole Goa trip, I would have thought about it and been so skeptical about going only to miss out on the best holiday I have had in a long time. And the fact that it was so impromptu made it so much sweeter.

More recently, I quit my job. I am joining another agency, despite people telling me I am virtually committing suicide. But I decided that it is better to get up everyday and want to go to work, than wake up dreading the thought of seeing your boss's face every morning. So I put in my papers (they haven’t been accepted yet, but I put them in none the less). I walked to my boss and told him that I am leaving. He did not seemed phased at all. He probably knew it was coming. Or he was too distracted by his shiny new trophy on his desk.

If there is one thing I have learnt, is that people really don't care about what you do. They will give you advice and pretend to care, but no matter what you do eventually - they don't give a tiny rat's hiney. And this is not some bitter, pissed-off statement. This is truth. And the sooner we realize that we are virtually alone in the world, the sooner we shall live for ourselves.

Do exactly what makes you happy at any given moment and I can bet that you will be a happier individual.

Which brings me to another point. Why diet? Why go through life eating all the right food, without any taste when all you end up with is just a smaller coffin? I say, if you feel like it, go and have a bag of Lays Salted chips in the morning, or go eat that New York style cheesecake, or have extra cheese on your pizza.

Ok. Again, this is turning into a self-help book. I feel like Baz Lurhman is going to walk in any moment talking about sunscreen. Unintentional. I promise.

I guess it's triggered by just the thought that all our lives are too short to waste a minute of it.


* This post is dedicated to Mahesh, the creative guru, who died of a heart attack, My friend Sammy, who is back in Bombay, recovering, and the boy that lived down St Paul's, who died in a freak accident on his way back from Pune a couple of weeks ago.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheers to ear piercings, Goa, extra cheese pizzas!!!

:)

Queenmatrai said...

I will miss you
:(

noojes

goldfluke said...

its weird how many people are doing exactly what u said, if i were over-enthu i wld even dare call it a sign of our times : individualistic, more worried and caring about the self than ever, living for now, spending energies here.

if you are into reading, 'the power of now' by eckhart tolle is a cool pov on relooking at time n our actions w/ regard to it.

congratulations and bestest for your new job. lil bird tells me u upgraded to a wow! boss.

± said...

good luck with your new job.
if the current one was so stressfull, it wasnt worth it anyways.
take care...

Spazsim Chasm said...

Prof B: I know you care, and i fully appreciate it. You know that.. Don't ever hang up on me - esp when i cannot call back!!

Puja: Thanks and I take it you ain't on no stupid diet like mosat girls I know!

Suvo: GO TO GOA NOW!!! It's wild!!

Noojes: Don't speak so soon.. The times are a changing.

Harmonious: Well, I am truly speechless by you and your insights.. And yes I do agree with you... Absolutely anything without Passion is completly pointless. And I am a stud guru.. Guru cause of the post and stud cause of the peircing..;)

Cutting: It is an upgrade.. And now i am pretty sure who told her about my blog :) These little birdies are not so little anymore are they?

Harjee: Thanks for the wishes.. But I am occilating like a pendulum on this decision. I hope I make the right one..

Spazsim Chasm said...

I love you too Prof ;)))You be the best...And for the record.. that better have been your card running out of money!! ;)))