Tuesday, March 15, 2011

rut-ted out

I’m having a terrible time at work. I do not like the attitude of most people around me. I have zero help (I am literally the only writer in the team). I have not done a single piece of good work for the last 10 months. And what’s bothering me most of all, I am not getting any money.

I’m fed up. And I want to quit.

But I don’t want to join another advertising agency. I want to really do something I love. I want to maybe start a little restaurant or own a fun store with fun things in it. Maybe paint and sell my paintings and have an art show.

Here in lies the rub.

For all these dreams you need to have mounds of the green.
For which you have to work.

Damn you vicious circle.

5 comments:

Roy said...

HA! different perspectives. I cant wait to get back to work after this 1 year break!!

Revati Upadhya said...

but heres a thought: doing something you love almost always makes you succeed, and brings in the green mounds, eventually.. i say you follow your heart and try it out :D

Citrus said...

I'm going to be out of a job in 3 months and have no idea what I want to do!

SwB said...

Join the club!

Spazsim Chasm said...

It's funny, I was going to write about the same conundrum again... when i realised i've already done it in this post :s