Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The worst week of my life

I woke up at six in the morning today. I left my house at 7:45 to arrive at a meeting at 9:45am. I had to travel from New Bombay to Goregaon, across the city twice over and change three trains to get there. When I finally reached close to the place, I got lost and couldn’t find the office. I was on time, but lost.

Instead of helping me, picking up my calls or something, the servicing people in this ‘team’ ignored my calls and started the meeting without me. My so-called creative peer reached the meeting, switched of her cell phone and didn’t bother knowing where I was, or if I was lost. Two hours of travel to be treated like I don’t really matter at all. Is it wrong for me to be extremely pissed at this?

I left my favourite grey jacket in the office on Friday. I come in to work on Monday and realize it has been stolen. I sent a mail out to everyone in the office saying please, please give me my jacket back. But it hasn’t come back. I have lost it forever. And it’s depressing me.

I have potentially ruined an amazing friendship by telling the person how much I like them… no, not in a friendly slap-on-the-shoulder kinda like, but the hardcore kinda like. The like that is bordering on a serious crush. He, of course, said, in these exact words—“dude, no…I don’t think I will ever see you like that… ever, never”
Now, I don’t blame him at all. He has seen me snot up because of my ex boyfriend, and seen me hysterically jealous over some silly women on the internet. I mean, I wouldn’t date me either! And now, because of my own idiotic behavior, I can’t seem to talk to him right now. I am avoiding him like the plague. Which I honestly don’t want to, but whenever I see him, I hear a giant ‘No, no way, no, never’…and it hurts all over again.

And today I had a shit day. And I would have normally grumbled to him about it. But I can’t because I had to go and stuff my stupid foot into my stupid mouth.

I’m having the worst week of my life. And it’s Tuesday.

5 comments:

Roy said...

and after Tuesday, even the week goes....WTF

shit, i have no work

agent green glass said...

gosh. don't stress so much. go to the good friend guy who you blurted out stuff to and set it right.

say i'll get over it, but i can't deal not being friends. maybe he's feeling the same. how to i go to her without her turning into a huge bag of stress?

Neo said...

I absolutely love your blog. :)
And it's Friday now, so I hope the last couple of days were better, or at least not worse than before.

Spazsim Chasm said...

@ Roy - hahah that's funny

@ agent - i took your advice, i did talk to him (not about this, but just started talking to him normally. things are ok... but ugh..

@ footloose :) thanks so much, it's the weekend, nothing makes me happier

Revati Upadhya said...

oohh boyyy i feel your pain!
thank god the week spans just 5 days :)