Thursday, January 22, 2009

Things I have learnt in 2008

I realised that most people take their health for granted, and when you least suspect it something completely unexpected will happen to make you take it seriously.

I discovered that some people are better friends when they don’t work with you. Because when they do you automatically become competition.

I have realised that competition is healthy when there are no feelings or friendship involved.

I’ve realised that family that moves abroad feels the need to justify their decision as best they possibly can, and all one can do is understand that it is nothing personal.

I learned that no matter how much you work for a company, no matter how many accolades you get— if you don’t suck ass… you don’t get ahead.

I have realised that no matter how hard I try, I can never, ever be a suck ass.

I have realised that I work better with a female boss.

I have decided that deep inside me is a loner waiting to burst out… and if I get over my craving for ‘people’ and ‘friends’ I will be positively happy.

I have realised that I need to learn how to pick the right friends.

I believe that having ‘friends’ is not over-rated.

(I realise I am being contradictory.)

I have discovered the meaning of feeling absolutely alone even when you are surrounded by people.

I have resolved to shut negativity out, in whatever form or shape it comes.

I realise that you need a circle of friends outside of work. I also realise I don’t have that.

I realised that I no one in my family has a ‘best friend’.

I have decided that those indeed are over-rated.

I realise I haven’t learned much at all. And I really should stop wasting time making lists like this.

5 comments:

Roy said...

i'll disagree with the last one, some more years like this and you can become a sage!

Citrus said...

I agree.
With everything.

Spazsim Chasm said...

Ross.. can't tell if you're being nice or sarcy :) either way, I don't think I'm close to being anything sage like.

Citrus... I wish you didn't. It would at least make me believe that i was wrong about friends being over-rated!

Citrus said...

It isn't over rated. I'm talking about friends, not 'friends' though. And if we're talking about the same thing. I agree with you.

Revati Upadhya said...

iv realised a lot of those things in the past too. trouble is, by the time the 365 days pass i forget somethings, and then events/situations that occur teach me the same lessons again..and i wish id learned the first time round..