Sunday, March 04, 2007

spit sucker

I had a dentist appointment yesterday. I have proximal cavities. One is now filled. The biggest one I am told. And I can’t stop my tongue from fiddling with it.

I hate going to the dentist. I feel violated. Some masked someone gaping down your orifice with whirring tools and a spit sucker. I hate the spit sucker.

I think going to the dentist would humble anyone. You have no control over your drooling. You’re laying flat, a big, harsh light pointed right at you. Your mouth wide open – exposed – a probing so deep, it makes you wonder if he can see your thoughts floating around in there – and with that thought you quickly stop thinking.

Thankfully my teeth are not in as bad a shape I envisioned them to be. I was diagnosed with proximal cavities about two years ago. And for two years I’ve had on and off nightmares of my teeth crumbling when biting on something hard. It wasn’t pretty.

Speaking of strange dreams, I had a bizarre dream the other night. While I was sleeping in my dream, someone rearranged my toe rings. When I woke, in the dream, I couldn’t figure which one went where and it made me very anxious – to the point where I was screaming down at my feet – Who did this? Why did you do this?

Shudder.

I used to have this creepy recurring dream. My second sister and I would plan to throw my eldest sister out of the window. We’d carry her and dump her over the balcony. In five minutes, my eldest sister would walk back into the house – all bruised. I, being very nervous, would plan to help her throw my second sister over the balcony. After which, my second sister would walk back – again all bruised and battered. Both of them would then realize that I was the common denominator and would throw me out of the balcony. I’d never return.

I don’t have that dream anymore. But I do get recurring falling dreams.
Maybe it’s the sequel.

Basically I think I need a spit sucker for my dreams.

5 comments:

wiseling said...

yeah, i used to hate, hate, hate going to the dentist... and, wow, mine was a real star.. after every visit, he gave me candy!!! i mean, come on, really? he might as well have said, "thankyou, please come again!" oh, life...

hope work is going okay? you didn't sound too enthused :S
i suppose i shall know how you feel soon enough.. i think i'm prolly going to work with an ad agency this summer.. we'll see how that works out, hopefully i'll be doing more than getting chai-pani.. :)

i think i may have been inspired to write about my strange experiences with sleep and dreams... i'm not sure, but we'll see...
i think i better go to bed before i become even more incoherent to myself, lol...

Nikhil said...

labels are suppose to be common, not unique. If all your posts have different labels, how will that serve any purpose or help someone looking for similar posts under a specific label?

Think my dear girl. Think!

wiseling said...

Proof that you can (and therefore should) write 55s

Out of concern she asked, “What’s up? How’s it going?”
Without looking up I muttered, “Life sucks. And then you die.”
She looked straight at me and sighed, “And what’s more… we live in a third world country.”
I looked at her in shocked silence. She masticated nonchalantly on her noodles.
Damn.

That's only three words short. So there.

fiftyfivefun.blogspot.com
send me an email (whimsical.wiseling@gmail.com) so i can invite you.

wiseling said...

I haven't replied because I've been fighting an internal battle.. [To de-anonymify or not to de-anonymify, that is the question...] I'll let you know who won tomorrow... :)

Spazsim Chasm said...

egg - what would i do without you?

wiseling - i can't thank you enough for 55fiction :)